Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chlorine abused dread babies, in between photos, fallen out dreads, near giving up...life of a red headed dread head. :)

Okay, so I said I would be gone for a few days and I was gone for two and a half. Today I realized that I should show you what my dreads look like right now. My two week is coming up, but I'll take some new pictures for that day, too. However, what I'm saying is that I made a bad decision....Want to know what that decision was? :( I swam in a chlorine pool! It's not the worst thing I could have done, I mean I could have caught them on fire and ran around like the human torch, but, no,...I went swimming. It really took out the color in my dreads, and made them all grainy and sad. Unfortunately, on the day that I swam, it was my 4th day of non-washing, and I had washed it that morning--so, I had to wash it TWICE that day to get the chlorine out. Oh bummer. Since I had to wash them twice, the bottom hairs/dreads came out. That was a total of about six or seven dreadlocks that I lost. I thought that I was just going to let them do what they wanted, and one or two of them started free forming--so I plan on leaving those be, but tomorrow I'm going to put the others back in and let them grow.

Anyway, here are the pictures.
Top view, it was the only way that I could see to get the bottom hairs in
the picture. They have completely come out! I have to put them back in. 

The color has come out very much, and now it very much
resembles cotton candy. :P I think they're cute, though.

I could have rotated this, but I didn't. Anyway, this is a good
shot of my right side of my head. It's the side where the
dreads haven't come out all, almost. I like how they look, and can't
wait until they hang freely!
hanging down and a little bit of flash to kind of high light the loose hairs.

Flash! I like how you can see how animalistic they are...





Okay, well. I hope you enjoyed my display of beautiful locks! I enjoy them very much, even though some of them came out. I put a youtube video up of me putting one in so that everyone could see it. :) I hope that I can eventually put those links up here for you to watch. :D 

~Love the lovelies, Carpe Diem 

No comments:

Post a Comment